Next-generation lithography technologies are gaining popularity. However, the high cost of next-generation lithography scanners and materials is a major barrier to its widespread adoption in several countries.
BIS Research, the global leader in providing market intelligence on deep technologies, has released its latest study titled Next-Generation Lithography Materials Market – A Global and Regional Analysis.
According to this study, the global next-generation lithography materials market was valued at $85.7 million in 2021 and is projected to reach $1 billion by 2031.
The following factors are responsible for the increase in demand for next-generation lithography materials:
- Rising proliferation of feature phones, and tablets
- Increasing research & development activities on next-generation lithography materials
The detailed study is a compilation of 130 market data tables and 30 figures spread through 214 pages.
Check out the detailed table of content here:
Analyst’s Take on the Market Projection
According to Sachin Singh, Lead Analyst, BIS Research, “The next-generation lithography materials market is expected to gain traction in the coming years. The market is still in its early stages, but with technological advancements, price reductions, and new companies entering the ecosystem in the coming years, the next-generation lithography materials industry is expected to grow significantly. Currently, only a few companies are commercializing next-generation lithography machinery and equipment. However, the continued emphasis on the miniaturization of node and wafer sizes is expected to attract several players to the market. Furthermore, by 2030, next-generation lithography materials are expected to hold a significant share of the global lithography materials market.”
Request a FREE sample of this report here:
Consumer Electronics to be the Leading Application Segement During the Forecast Period
In 2021, the consumer electronics sector segment dominated the overall next-generation lithography materials market in terms of value and volume. According to this study from BIS Research, this trend is expected to continue till 2031.
This projected remarkable growth share is attributed to the rising adoption of high-performance mobile devices (including 5G) and the rising uptake of cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence (AI) and high-performance computing (HPC), which are fueling demand for advanced semiconductors and chips.
The growing emphasis on 5G deployment is fueling the demand for advanced chipsets and devices, which in turn is expected to influence demand for next-generation lithography materials.
Major Existing Industry Leaders in the Next-Generation Lithography Materials Market
The companies that are profiled have been selected based on input gathered from primary experts and analyzing company coverage, product portfolio, and market penetration. Some of the established names in the market are Tokyo Ohka Kogyo Co., Ltd (TOK), JSR Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd, Fujifilm Corporation, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Allresist GmbH, micro resist technology GmbH, Merck KGaA, Dongjin Semichem Co. Ltd., Brewer Science, Inc., SACHEM, INC., Kayaku Advanced Materials, Inc., Avantor Performance Materials Inc., Irresistible Materials Ltd, Weifang Startech Microelectronic Materials Co., Ltd., KemLab Inc., Jiangsu Nanda Photoelectric Materials Co., Ltd, and Shenzhen Didao Microelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.
Developments in Recent Years in the Global Next-Generation Lithography Materials Market
- In August 2022, JSR Corporation signed an investment agreement with the Lingang Special Area Government to establish a subsidiary in Shanghai. This is expected to expand JSR Group’s business activities in the Chinese market relating to semiconductor materials. It is tentatively scheduled to begin operations in December 2022.
- In January 2021, Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) and DuPont de Nemours, Inc. established a semiconductor materials laboratory in Hsinchu, Taiwan. DuPont is expected to conduct semiconductor material research, development, and enhancement in collaboration with ITRI, as well as accelerate pilot testing and commercial viability to support DuPont’s customers as they seek the next generation of semiconductors in Taiwan.
- In October 2020, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd. invested around $278 million (¥30 billion) in photoresist manufacturing facilities in Japan and Taiwan. Shin-Etsu is expected to continue making facility investments to meet the rising demand for photoresists, which are critical in cutting-edge semiconductor manufacturing, as well as technological advancements.
Want to learn more about the latest trends in advanced materials? Speak to our analysts
Exclusive DeepTechTM MAP Analysis for Advanced Materials, Chemicals, and Fuels by BIS Research:
About BIS Research:
BIS Research is a global B2B market intelligence and advisory firm focusing on deep technology and related emerging trends which can disrupt the market dynamics in the near future. We publish more than 200 market intelligence studies annually that focus on several deep technology verticals.
Our strategic market analysis emphasizes on market estimations, technology analysis, emerging high-growth applications, deeply segmented granular country-level market data, and other important market parameters useful in the strategic decision-making for senior management.
BIS Research offers syndicate as well as custom studies and expert consultations to firms, providing them with specific and actionable insights on novel technology markets, business models, and competitive landscapes.
BIS Research Inc.
39111 PASEO PADRE PKWY STE 313,
FREMONT CA 94538-1686
Visit our Blog @ https://bisresearch.com/news
Get Expert Insights @ https://community.insightmonk.com
Connect with us on LinkedIn @ https://www.linkedin.com/company/bis-research
Connect with us on Twitter@ https://twitter.com/BISResearch