The latest market publication titled 3D Printing in Healthcare Market Size, Share, Trends Analysis Report by Region, Component, End-user, and Segment Forecasts, 2022-2027 has been added to the report store by GlobalData Plc. The report examines the 3D printing in healthcare market growth to be driven by the rise in funding for 3D printing research. In addition, the aging population and rising chronic diseases coupled with the recent healthcare advancements in 3D printing technologies will also influence the market during the projected period.
Read this PDF Sample Report for more market dynamics
3D Printing in Healthcare Market Overview
The 3D printing in the healthcare market outlook also identifies various prominent trends impacting the market positively during the next few years. Streamlined and more efficient R&D processes coupled with the deployment of 3D printing of drugs to revolutionize personalized medicine and improve sustainability. However, factors such as the shortage of a skilled workforce due to limited specialized training in 3D printing technology and the high cost associated with the use of 3D printing technology in the healthcare sector might limit the market’s growth during the forecast period.
Get a Sample PDF for further analysis of each factor influencing the market
3D Printing in the Healthcare Market Segment Highlights
- Hardware: The hardware segment accounted for the largest 3D printing in the healthcare market share in 2021. The hardware segment will continue to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing adoption of 3D printing due to its feature of the fast design and quick prototyping.
- Laser Beam Melting: The laser beam melting technology segment accounted for the highest 3D printing in healthcare market revenue throughout the projected period. Laser beam melting technique enables the fabrication of complicated geometries that are not achievable with traditional production methods like as casting, powder metallurgy, forging, and extrusion. Laser beam melting is well suited to produce biomedical devices over conventional manufacturing processes, thus, making it a viable choice for the healthcare sector.
- Droplet Deposition
- Electron Beam Melting
- Medical and Surgical Centers: The medical and surgical centers end-user segment accounted for the largest share of the market in 2021 and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period owing to the growing demand for 3D technology which is used to carry out surgical procedures in the hospital sector. The increased investment in the improvement of 3D printing technologies by government and private organizations in surgical and medical centers, and the high demand for 3D bioprinting by surgical and medical centers is one of the key factors aiding the expansion of the segment.
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Companies
- North America: The growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing application of diagnostics in 3D Printing in healthcare, robust R&D activities, strategic partnerships and agreements, new product approvals, government initiatives, and growing demand for new 3D printing in healthcare will boost the North American market.
For more detailed segment-wise inputs and regional opportunities, Request for Sample Now!
3D Printing in the Healthcare Market Vendor Landscape
The 3D printing in the healthcare market is witnessing excessive intense competition among established players and emerging start-ups. Some of the major companies have adopted various business development strategies including acquisitions, mergers, collaborations, partnerships, product launches, and production capacity expansion to expand their consumer base and increase their market share.
Top 3D Printing in Healthcare Companies
- 3D Systems Inc.: 3D Systems provides 3D printing solutions, including 3D printers, print materials, software, on-demand manufacturing services, and digital design tools. In January 2020, the company announced a partnership with CollPlant to generate artificial tissues and scaffolds using CollPlant’s rhCollagen bioink. The company is headquartered in Rock Hill, South Carolina, US.
- Aprecia Pharmaceuticals: Aprecia is the world’s first and only commercial-stage manufacturer of 3D-printed pharmaceuticals. In February 2020, Aprecia and Purdue University entered into a partnership for the 3D printing of pharmaceutical equipment and medications for research and discovery. The company is headquartered in Blue Ash, Ohio, US.
- Envision TEC GmBH (Desktop Metal): EnvisionTEC is a leading provider of 3D printing solutions for the rapid manufacture of customized products utilizing its proprietary consumables across a variety of sectors. EnvisionTEC and Exocad have an ongoing collaboration to develop a seamless workflow between Exocad’s DentalCAD software and EnvisionTEC’s Envision One RP3Dprinting software using an open XML-based interface.
- EOS GmbH
- GE Additive
- Organovo Holdings, Inc.
- Renishaw Plc
Fetch Sample PDF Copy for Vendor-specific Insights and Strategic Initiatives
Make Informed Business Decisions with our 3D Printing in Healthcare Market Insights at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqADmiLPcm4
Got more Queries? Have all your Questions answered in our PDF Sample
GlobalData is a leading data, analytics, and insights provider in the world’s largest industries. As a leading information services company, thousands of clients rely on GlobalData for trusted, timely, and actionable intelligence. Our mission is to help our clientele ranging from professionals within corporations, financial institutions, professional services, and government agencies to decode the future and profit from faster, more informed decisions. Continuously enriching 50+ terabytes of unique data and leveraging the collective expertise of over 2,000 in-house industry analysts, data scientists, and journalists, as well as a global community of industry professionals, we aim to provide decision-makers with timely, actionable insights.
Media Contacts Mark Jephcott Head of PR EMEA firstname.lastname@example.org cc: email@example.com +44 (0)207 936 6400