iCrowd Newswire – Sep 18, 2020
The Consumer Goods Forum has created a virtual edition for the first time due to impact of COVID-19; programme promises to deliver great content and networking opportunities; event is open to both members and non-members
PARIS, 17th September 2020 – The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) will be hosting its annual Sustainable Retail Summit (SRS) on 15th and 16th October. In light of the global health crisis, the leading sustainability event will be held virtually this year, respecting the safety of the CGF’s global community while continuing to drive meaningful change—together.
Following four successful previous editions, this 5th SRS focuses on how the consumer goods industry can build a better normal as global populations continue to grapple with their health and the impact of climate change. Covering topics like food waste, health and wellbeing, plastic waste, deforestation, forced labour, trust, transparency and supply chain management, the SRS will also provide further insights into the CGF’s Coalitions of Action, which were launched earlier in 2020, as part of a global strategy to help its members drive more impactful collaborations that benefit both people and planet.
The theme of this year’s two-day event is ‘Purpose and the Shared Road to Recovery: Building Resilience Through Forward-Thinking Leadership’ and is home to an excellent line-up of speakers, including:
- Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary-General for the 2021 Food Systems Summit
- Didier Reynders, European Commissioner for Justice
- Alexandra Cousteau, Ocean Activist – Head of Oceans 2050 and Senior Advisor to Oceana
- Emmanuelle Maire, Head of Unit ‘Sustainable Production, Products and Consumption’, Directorate General for the Environment, European Commission
- Lord Mark Price, Founder of Engaging Works and Engaging Business, Former MD of Waitrose
- Denis Machuel, CEO, Sodexo
- Malina Ngai, JP, Group Chief Operating Officer, A.S. Watson Group, Chief Executive Officer, A.S. Watson (Asia & Europe) Ltd.
- Lauren Richardson, Chief Procurement Officer, Colgate-Palmolive
- Takkaki Nishii, Representative Director, President & CEO, Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Sarah Smith, Senior Manager, Global Sustainability, Kellogg Company
- Natalie Knight, Chief Financial Officer and member of the Management Board, Ahold Delhaize
- Helena Leurent, Director General, Consumers International
Wai-Chan Chan, Managing Director, The Consumer Goods Forum said, “The Sustainable Retail Summit is a key event for members and non-members of the CGF, as it covers all areas of sustainable business. It is the perfect platform to bring leaders together to address issues that will have an impact on business and consumers in building a more sustainable, healthy future. It is unfortunate we cannot meet in person this year, but we are happy our programme and speaker line-up will have the same level of quality as in past editions. We hope you will find it fruitful and we look forward to welcoming you”.
Join us in October to hear from internationally renowned speakers, join on-demand sessions, live keynotes and Q&As, online networking spaces and visit the virtual exhibit booths. View the Programme and register today to join the conversation and be a part of an unmissable community of change-makers stepping up to the challenge, for a sustainable, healthier tomorrow.
To follow all the latest news on the Sustainable Retail Summit, follow us via the #SRS2020 hashtag.
About The Consumer Goods Forum
The Consumer Goods Forum (“CGF”) is a global, parity-based industry network that is driven by its members to encourage the global adoption of practices and standards that serves the consumer goods industry worldwide. It brings together the CEOs and senior management of some 400 retailers, manufacturers, service providers, and other stakeholders across 70 countries, and it reflects the diversity of the industry in geography, size, product category and format. Its member companies have combined sales of EUR 3.5 trillion and directly employ nearly 10 million people, with a further 90 million related jobs estimated along the value chain. It is governed by its Board of Directors, which comprises 58 manufacturer and retailer CEOs. For more information, please visit: www.theconsumergoodsforum.com.
For further information, please contact:
The Consumer Goods Forum
Keywords: sustainable retail summit, consumer goods forum, sustainable brands, plastic waste, food waste, deforestation, forest positive, consumer health, supply chain sustainability