As per a recent analysis conducted by FMI, the global Infection Prevention Market is projected to total US$ 37.4 billion in 2021. In response to the increasing demand for sterilization equipment and protective apparel across hospitals and clinical laboratories, the market is estimated to surpass US$ 56.4 billion, expanding by 1.5X through 2031.
The market registered growth at a CAGR of 3.2% between 2016 and 2020. Growing concerns regarding sterilization and disinfection coupled with increasing focus on high degree infection prevention is driving the market. Driven by this, the infection prevention market is anticipated to expand at 4.2% CAGR during the forecast period 2021-2031.
Successive outbreaks of several infectious diseases, caused due to the pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other parasites have been reported since the past decade. According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), infectious diseases were the third most leading cause of death across the U.S., followed by diseases such as parasitic diseases (15.5 million cases), and tuberculosis (9,025 cases) in 2018.
As a result of this, the demand for effective solutions to prevent the infections and provide the measures to reduce the risk of transmission are creating lucrative sales opportunities for the market.
Increasing number of surgical procedures conducted across the world is propelling the demand for sterilization equipment for disinfecting surgical tools. Driven by this, FMI has forecast that disinfectors will emerge as the most adopted infection prevention product, accounting for nearly 30% of the total sales through 2031.
Request a report sample to gain comprehensive insights at
“Implementation of stringent regulations, mandating the use of infection prevention products such as sanitizers, surgical masks, and others across various industries is intended at countering the spread of COVID-19. This will continue accelerating the sales of infection prevention solutions over the assessment period,” says a FMI analyst.
Key Takeaways from the Infection Prevention Market Analysis
- In North America, the U.S. is estimated to dominate the market, accounting for more than 95% of the infection prevention products sales by the end of 2021.
- The U.K. and Germany are expected to collectively account for over 40% of the sales in the Europe market in 2021, owing to the implementation of infection prevention and control programs at the health care facilities.
- China is projected to emerge as the most remunerative market in East Asia, accounting for nearly 27% of the regional revenue share in 2021.
- Favored by the improvement in medical care facilities and healthcare services, the market in India is forecast to contribute over 50% of sales in the South Asia market by 2021.
- Based on end use, the hospitals and clinics segment is anticipated to project the fastest growth, expanding at a CAGR of 3.4% through 2031.
- Surging demand for industrial disinfectants and cleaners owing to increasing awareness amongst healthcare service providers across North America and Europe is spurring the sales of infection prevention products.
- Increasing demand for personal protective products such as surgical gloves and marks due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus is pushing the protective apparel and textiles segment growth.
- Implementation of stringent regulations by regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on the proper disposal of waste generated by disinfectants production is hampering the market growth.
- Long term usage of infection prevention products such as chemical agents and disinfectants may lead to chronic health issues such as respiratory irritation, cancer, mutagenic changes, headaches, and breath-shortening, which is, in turn, hindering the market.
Discover more about the infection prevention analysis with figures and data tables, along with the table of contents. You will also find detailed market segmentation on
Key players in the global infection prevention market are adopting expansion strategies such novel product development, speedy regulatory approvals, clinical trials, acquisition, and partnerships to expand their market share and strengthen their global footprint. For instance,
- In December 2020, Getinge AB, a global medical technology company based in Sweden, announced launching a Stainless Steel DPTE® Beta Containers. The containers are designed to prevent the spread of infections by efficient loading and unloading into sterile zones.
- In February 2019, Cantel Medical Corp., innovative infection prevention manufacturers in the U.S. announced acquiring an Italian based company, Omnia S.p.A. to expand its product portfolio with surgical consumable solutions.
Leading players operating in the market profiled by FMI are:
- Cantel Medical
- Getinge AB
- ASP (Advanced sterilization Products)
- Sotera Health
- Halyard Worldwide, Inc. (Halyard health)
- Matachana Group
- Belimed, Inc.
- Pal International
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC.
- Metrex Research, LLC.
- Terumo Corporation
More Valuable Insights on Infection Prevention Market
FMI, in its new report, offers an unbiased analysis of the global infection prevention market, analyzing forecast statistics through 2021 and beyond.
Future Market Insights, 1602-6 Jumeirah Bay X2 Tower, Plot No: JLT-PH2-X2A, Jumeirah Lakes Towers, Dubai, United Arab Emirates For Sales Enquiries: email@example.com For Media Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/